The Great Lakes Fishery Trust is Accepting Access to the Great Lakes Fishery Proposals
The Great Lakes Fishery Trust (GLFT) is now accepting grant proposals under its Access to the Great Lakes Fishery funding category. Proposals must be submitted online at www.glft.org by 5:00 PM Tuesday, August 23, 2016.
The GLFT’s Access to the Great Lakes Fishery grant category focuses on significantly increasing access to the Great Lakes fishery for shore-based angling and tribal commercial fishing. Up to $500,000 is available for access projects in 2016.
The GLFT supports its access goals through a combination of competitive and funder-directed grantmaking. Supported activities may include:
- Construction of new access sites
- Upgrades and renovations to existing access sites
- Engineering and feasibility studies for proposed access sites
- Land acquisition to support subsequent access site development
- Communication and outreach efforts regarding existing shore-based angling opportunities
For detailed information on funding priorities and requirements, and to submit a proposal, visit the GLFT website at www.glft.org. The Great Lakes Fishery Trust will only accept proposals submitted online by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, August 23, 2016. If you have questions regarding the grant opportunity, please contact grant manager Jonathon Beard at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 371-7468.